Monday, November 8, 2010

Muting Jillian and Drooling Over Bob

If anybody is trying to get in shape at home chance are that you know who Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper are. Whether you watch them on the biggest loser, buy their workout video games, read their books, or just see them on a tabloid at the supermarket chances are you know them and love/hate them. I know i do.

I've been following a lot of Jillian Michaels workouts since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I had barely heard of her when i started losing weight but within a month i knew exactly who she was and what she stood for, and to be honest she kind of scared me! My friend Jackie sent me some of Jillian Michaels dvd's to try out, so i thought "what the heck, it can't hurt me that bad right?" Riiiight. Let's fast forward to 30 minutes later when i was lying in the floor in a puddle of sweat hoping just HOPING that i would survive after that butt kicking she dealt me. I wasn't used to this kind of physical activity, never in my life had i dreamt a workout could be that hard. Now let's fast forward again to today, a little over a year since that first workout. I still hate Jillian's guts most days, i scream at her, i want to smack her, and mostly i just want to mute her voice! But i keep going back for more, why? because she is amazing and helps me to get my body where i want it to be. Today i pushed through her whole "banish fat boost metabolism" dvd for the first time since i have started working out. What an awesome feeling! I admit i had to stop at some points, i had to alter some movements, and i wanted to die about 36,000 times but i kept going and when i can feel my legs again i'm sure it will have been worth it!

After this extremely brutal workout, i checked my mail and saw that i had received a dvd i have been waiting on - Bob Harper: pure burn super strength (part of his inside out method series).





I was dying to try it, even though i had just finished my hour long workout with Jillian...soooo i popped it in. There is a beginner workout that is 25 minutes long, and a normal workout that is a little over an hour. I knew i would never be able to keep up with him for the whole hour after my workout earlier so i chose the beginner. I loved it! It's definitely hard on your upper body but you can feel your body toning up. The plus side is that for some of us, Bob Harper is slight eye candy and drastically less annoying than Jillian. I have my first hour long workout with him planned for tomorrow, maybe i won't like him so much after. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment